About Melissa Ayling
Hello! I’m Melissa – a shamanic womb practitioner, retreat hostess and proud mother of two from Geraldton, Western Australia.
I understand that navigating womanhood and all its roles can bring about various challenges and overwhelming expectations, often leading to stress, disconnection from yourself or even burnout.
Believe me, I’ve been there before!
But now with the lessons I’ve learnt, I’m now here to offer you gentle guidance along a path of release, reset and reconnection.
Let me share my journey…
I used to believe being a woman was a burden, but it wasn’t until my first pregnancy that I began to understand and connect to my body.
After the birth of my first baby, I became a hypnobirthing practitioner Then, I had a beautifully crazy birth experience with my second baby—in the car!
However, the demands of motherhood, entrepreneurship and not listening to my inner voice (more like inner screams) led me down a path of groundhog day, running on empty and burnout.
I spent thousands of dollars on personal development, attending workshops, hiring coaches, retreating away, and reading countless spiritual books. Yet, I found myself going around in circles.
That’s when I discovered shamanic womb healing and I finally started experiencing positive change in my life.
Women are humans with needs too. We have our own qualities that set us apart from men and other genders, while still being equal to them.
We should never have to settle for being treated as doormats, domesticated beings or sexualised objects. We have the capacity to live lives that are fulfilling, pleasurable and purposeful, just like anyone else.
Most women naturally embody feminine energy. We’ve been conditioned to believe the feminine is a weakness however it’s actually a source of strength.
Unfortunately throughout history some have felt threatened by this feminine power.
As a result, anything related to the vagina and womb has been shamed, oppressed and stigmatised, causing women to become disconnected from their own power, pleasure and purpose.
It’s time for women to reclaim their femininity.
When a woman does this she not only benefits herself but also contributes to the healing of her ancestors, both past and future, as well as humanity and Mother Earth.
My formal credentials
- Trained Shamanic Practitioner levels 1 & 2 with One Tribe
- Certified Womb Awakening Facilitator with Natalie Zukerman and The Institute of Feminine Arts.
- Trained Trauma Informed Care with Don Kropp
- Trained Healing from Sexual Abuse with Rewire Therapy
- Trained Vagal Toning with Rewire Therapy
- Certified Hypnobirthing Practitioner.
- Consumer Representative for Midwifery Group Practice, Geraldton Regional Hospital.
- Certified Inner Voice Facilitator with Jess Lively.
- Certified Reiki 2 Practitioner and Reiki Master with Melissa Crowhurst
- Certified Reiki 1 Practitioner with Christina Ross.
- Trained Birth Doula with Debra Pascali-Bonaro and Ibu Robin Lim through ‘Eat, Pray, Doula’.
- Certified Newborn Mothers Postpartum Professional with Julia Jones.
- Certified Sacred Scent Aromatherapy Birth Worker.
- Certified IVHHD meditation therapist and holistic counsellor.
- Former medical secretary with over 10 years in the industry.
11 honest facts about me
- My star sign is Leo, moon sign Aquarius and Gemini rising.
- I like to embody something first before sharing it to help others.
- My wombs name is ‘Sandrea Rosalea’.
- My favourite food is chilli mussels with garlic bread.
- When I’m not listening to shamanic music, I’m listening to music from the 60’s & 70’s.
- I avoid alcohol and caffeine however I am still a sucker for chocolate.
- I have my HR truck drivers licence.
- I believe the start of becoming intuitive was from my horse riding years.
- My human design is a generator.
- My ancestral lineage is Celtic. It’s a mix of Cornish, Scottish, Irish and Welsh.
- I am fascinated with seashells, especially spiral shaped ones and cowries.