Ready to get the most out of your birth experience?I’d love to be a part of your journey!
There are a few ways of getting you mentally and physically ready for your baby’s arrival. No matter which way you decide to go with, you will walk away with proven tools, the knowledge, a positive mindset, and good support based on the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program and its philosophies, all delivered in my signature down-to-earth, open-minded style.
With me, you experience the most up-to-date and evidence-based birth program in Geraldton, Australia and the world.
I offer both group and private classes.
My group classes cater for an intimate group of couples who come together at a local spot in Geraldton over two consecutive Sundays.
My private classes, on the other hand, are designed for those who prefer to work through the program 1-on-1 in the comfort of their homes.
Refresher classes, half group/half private classes and the Positive Caesarean Birth Course are available upon request.
If working in person is not an option for whatever reason, it is absolutely an option to run private classes via Skype.
Face-to-face classes are the best way to learn hypnobirthing but if you can’t make it to them, don’t worry. The Hypnobubs hypnobirthing online course offered by Hypnobirthing Australia is extremely comprehensive.
“Hypnobirthing changed everything for me. I am a hypnobirthing junky now. I could have babies every day. Before I was petrified. It changed my life.”
Everything you need to prepare for a calm, positive birth
12 hours of face-to-face group Hypnobirthing Australia™ classes over 2 consecutive Sundays (2 x 3-hour modules per day)
Group classes are held at ‘Chapman Physiotherapy Clinic’ 165 Durlacher St, Geraldton
11 & 18 August (9am-4pm)
20 & 27 October (9am-4pm)
1 & 8 December (9am- 4pm)
$550. You can choose to pay in full, or alternatively, you can pay a non-refundable deposit of $150 to secure your spot and the balance no later than 7 days before classes start.
12 hours of individually tailored, face-to-face private classes (aka just me and your birth partner) usually divided into 3-hour sessions over 4 weeks.
The comfort of your own home
I take on a limited number of private clients throughout the year.
$895. You can pay this amount in full, or alternatively, you could pay a non-refundable deposit of $150 now and the balance no later than 7 days before our first class.
12 hours of Hypnobirthing Australia™ classes over 4 weeks
Delivered privately online via Skype
If you are interested in arranging classes via phone or Skype, please click the button below and fill in as much of the form as possible. I’ll then get in touch with you to confirm a time and date.
$895. You can pay for your Skype classes in full, or alternatively, you could pay a non-refundable deposit of $150 now and the balance no later than 7 days before our first class.
Your Hypnobirthing Australia™ course investment
- 12 hours of the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program and individual attention
- $120 worth of Certified Hypnobirthing Australia™ materials (includes two Australian accent birth preparation albums, a comprehensive Hypnobirthing Australia™ folio of additional reading, resources and relaxation scripts and home study videos)
- Ongoing support and encouragement leading up to and after your birth
- Complimentary 1:1 support for special circumstances such as an additional fear release, caesarean birth or breech turn.
- Complimentary 1:1 birth debrief to help you reflect on your birth no matter how your baby entered the world.
What We Cover in the Face-to-Face Course
Unit 1: Creating & maintaining a positive mindset
- Introduction to positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- Causes of fear (including history) and how it affects our labour
- The role of our caregivers
- Mind/body connection
- What is hypnosis and how will we use it for birthing?
- Fear-Tension-Pain syndrome – How fear affects labour
- My amazing uterus – Understanding the physiology behind birthing
- Our hormones are our friends
- Re-programming the subconscious
- Birthing environment
- The language for empowered birthing
- Creating a calm birthing space
- The power of affirmations
Unit 2: Choices, knowledge & tools for empowered birthing
- Conditioning techniques leading up to birth
- Hypnosis tracks, birth music, aromatherapy
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- Choices in maternity care
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Staying active – Exercise during pregnancy
- Tips for optimal foetal positioning
- Introducing our toolkit for birth
- The importance of facial relaxation
- Relaxation breathing – A skill for life
- Surge breathing – The best tool ever!
- The ‘urge’ to push/bear down – Breathing down
Unit 3: Preparing mind & body for birth
- Visualisations for pregnancy & birth
- Pre-birth bonding
- Bonding with baby at birth
- ‘Guess date’ – A normal range of pregnancy
- Artificial Inductions – Things you’re not always told
- Achieving a natural start to labour
- Instant relaxation techniques
- Self-hypnosis techniques to practice alone
- Using triggers, anchors, suggestion, self-hypnosis during pregnancy & birth
- Hypnosis/relaxation scripts & prompts for partners
Unit 4: Birth – Bringing it all together
- Birth preferences – The importance of open communication with your caregivers
- Special circumstances
- Membranes releasing
- Questions to help you make good decisions
- Birth companion as advocate
- Your rights as a childbearing woman
- Breech or posterior – Options & positions
- Hypnosis for releasing fears
- What to expect through labour and birth
- When to call the midwife/go to the hospital
- Birthing positions
- The birth partner’s role
- Cord clamping & placenta delivery
- Undisturbed bonding/breastfeeding time – skin to skin
- Hypnosis – Rehearsal for birth
Melissa, You are inspirational to all. Keep going forward with your teaching. It’s amazing and as a midwife, I love caring for the women and their support network who have taken your course. They are so informed and positive.
Ready for a natural approach to a calm and positive birth?