Hypnobirthing Australia™ Classes Perth, Geraldton & BaliThe Positive Birth Program
What do you think of when you hear the word BIRTH?
Perhaps that it is a huge unknown?
What becomes known is the unwanted messages and opinions of others!
Do you want to stop feeling uncertain, anxious or fearful towards giving birth?
Do you want to feel positive, confident and prepared towards giving birth?
I have just what you need & I can help you.
Introducing the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program (brought to you by Melissa Ayling)
Hypnobirthing really helped throughout our labour. We employed so many of the pain coping techniques and had a relatively quick labour for a first time mother. Unfortunately our daughter was direct OP and 9lb 6oz, so we had a bit of a rough birth. We got there in the end and i’m really glad we attended your classes. Thank you so much for the invaluable hypnobirthing information & the many coping mechanisms you taught us
Hypnobirthing is a modern, practical childbirth education program that teaches a positive approach to labour & birth.
Thanks to state-of-the-art knowledge, support, tools and techniques (think: breathing, relaxation, affirmations, acupressure, light touch massage, movement, hypnobirthing albums and many more), Hypnobirthing teaches mums-to-be how to create & maintain a positive mindset, make wise & informed-choices, prepare their mind and body for birth & everything else they need to know to have a calm and positive birth experience.
Throughout hypnobirthing classes, you’ll learn to:
- Remain calm and confident throughout birth. You and your birth partner will be educated about how the mind and body works and how the birthing process is designed to unfold.
- Address the areas that could incite fear and gear your mindset towards positive thoughts, so you can approach your birth with happiness and excitement.
- Give your partner the opportunity to take on a very important role and have them support you and stay involved every step of the way.
- Choose supportive caregivers.
- Research and consider your birthing options. This will empower you and help your caregiver know how they can best support you.
- Be prepared to calmly meet whatever path your birth may take. Parents can even use these tools and techniques for caesarean births.
- Prepare for birth just as an athlete trains for an event—you too can train your mind and body for the amazing ‘endurance event’ that you are about to perform. This preparation will give you the confidence and the trust to allow your body to do what it is designed to do.
- Use proven relaxation tools and techniques to draw about throughout pregnancy and birth.
…No matter whether you fancy a cozy home birth or dream about a natural hospital birth or positive Caesarean birth (Because with the right education and support, all kinds of positive births are possible.)
“Hypnobirthing changed everything for me. I am a hypnobirthing junky now. I could have babies every day. Before I was petrified. It changed my life.”
About Your Practitioner
Hi! If we haven’t yet met, I’m Melissa Ayling an award-winning Hypnobirthing Australia™ practitioner. And my passion? Mentoring mothers and their partners how to ride the waves of their birth journey with the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program.
I believe pregnancy is a very normal–and natural–experience. And giving birth can be, too!
Currently, I offer group, private, Skype & online classes using the Hypnobirthing Australia™ method, all in my signature down-to-earth, open-minded and very simple style.
(Nothing hippyish or unrealistic here–although self-proclaimed hippies are totally welcome! 🙂
When you sign up, we’ll spend 12 hours together, gaining knowledge, cultivating positivity, learning proven techniques and decision-making tools that will help you to have a calm, comfortable, confident birth experience.
(And, side note: Hypnobirthing also encourages a relaxed and confident pregnancy and is a great foundation for positive parenting.)
Your Hypnobirthing Australia™ course investment includes:
- 12 hours of in-person, group, private or phone/Skype training for your best possible birth
- Two Australian birth preparation albums & the Hypnobirthing Australia folio – a comprehensive guide packed with additional reading, resource, birth preference samples and home study videos (worth $120)
- Ongoing personal support – I am always available for ongoing support via phone or email leading up to your birthing date.
The truth is, the birth journey teaches us LOTS about ourselves–but the overarching lesson?
Nature is FULL of surprises.
Which means, sometimes no matter how much a mum prepares, birth–just like life–isn’t perfect.
But with hypnobirthing on her side, mums-to-be can begin birthing with an open mind and an open heart, ready to make the very best decisions for the care of herself and her baby.
Ready to get the support you need to birth with calm, confidence & positivity?
You’ve got options!
For anyone considering hypnobirthing, I regret not having attended Melissa’s course with my first baby. It helped me so much with my second birth. I found that it gave me strength and belief that it was possible to give birth naturally after a caesarean. If anyone is on the fence and is unsure of whether to go for a natural birth or a caesarean or just want coaching to prepare you for birth- Melissa’s course is amazing
Choose Your Class Type
Group Classes (Most popular option)
12 hours of face-to-face group Hypnobirthing Australia™ classes over 2 consecutive Sundays (2 x 3-hour modules per day)
Group classes are held at ‘Chapman Physiotherapy Clinic’ 165 Durlacher St, Geraldton
16 February 2pm Sunday – FREE Information Session. Register here!
1 & 8 March (9am-4pm)
3 & 17 May (9am-4pm)
14 & 21 June (9am-4pm)
2 & 9 August (9am-4pm)
13 & 20 September (9am-4pm)
18 & 25 October (9am-4pm)
22 & 29 November (9am-4pm)
$550.00 AUD You can choose to pay in full, or alternatively, you can pay a non-refundable deposit of $120 to secure your spot and 2 monthly payments of $240.00 AUD. Full payment must be made 7 days prior to class starting.
12 total hours of individually tailored, private classes (aka just me and you) usually divided into 3-hour sessions over 4 weeks.
The comfort of your own home
Perfect for you if:
- You are getting too close to your estimated due date.
- You have a partner who is fly-in fly-out and can’t make a group course.
- You have other special considerations.
Please contact me for for availability. I take on a limited number of private clients throughout the year.
$895.00 AUD If you pay for your private classes in full. Alternatively, you could pay a non-refundable deposit of $150 now to secure your booking and 2 monthly payments of $422.50 AUD. Full payment must be made 7 days prior to class starting. Evenings, weekends and public holidays attract a surcharge of 50.00 per session and are subject to availability.
Ready to book or want to learn more?
12 hours of Hypnobirthing Australia™ classes over 4 weeks
Delivered privately online via Skype
If you are interested in arranging classes via Skype, please click the button below and fill in as much of the form as possible. I’ll then get in touch with you to confirm a time and date.
$895.00 AUD If you pay for your private Skype classes in full. Alternatively, you could pay a non-refundable deposit of $150 now to secure your booking and 2 monthly payments of $422.50 AUD. Full payment must be made 7 days prior to class starting. Evenings, weekends and public holidays attract a surcharge of 50.00 per session and are subject to availability.
If you have done the Hypnobirthing Australia™ class before; a refresher course is also available. This is done privately either in-person or via Skype. It will take 3-4 hours and the investment is 295.00 or 270.00 if you have previously done the course through me. Contact me below to book yourself in.
Don’t see what you need? Please contact Melissa directly for further details.
It was such an awesome, calm twin birth and by far the most positive & memorable birth out of all of my 3, I only wish I knew about Hypnobirthing for my other 2. The doctors & midwives were so supportive & were amazed at how relaxed I was & how I progressed so calmly & quietly.
Thanks so much for your guidance and support to work with my body, the contractions were so much more bearable and less intense when I focused on breathing through them without distraction. I LOVE Hypnobirthing!!!
Want to know exactly what you’ll learn? Take a peek at the Hypnobirthing Australia™ course outline below:
Unit 1: Creating & maintaining a positive mindset
- Introduction to the positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- How our brain is wired to birth
- The role of our caregivers
- Mind/body connection
- What is self-hypnosis and how will we use it for birthing?
- Our hormones are our friends
- My amazing uterus – understanding the physiology behind birthing
- Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- Causes of Fear (including history) and how it affects our labour
- Re-programming the Subconscious
- The language for empowered birthing
- The power of affirmations
- Birthing environment
Unit 2: Choices, knowledge & tools for empowered birthing
- Self-hypnosis tracks
- Birth music
- Conditioning with scent
- Hypnotic anchors and triggers
- Releasing endorphins through massage and touch
- Acupressure techniques for pregnancy, birth & breastfeeding
- Visualisations for pregnancy, labour & birthing
- The importance of facial relaxation
- Relaxation Breathing – a skill for life
- Surge Breathing – the best tool ever!
- Techniques to help make your surges more comfortable
- The ‘urge’ to push/bear down – Breathing/Bearing down
Unit 3: Preparing mind & body for birth
- Bonding with baby
- Choices in maternity care
- Birth Preferences – having open communication with your caregivers
- Knowledge is power – researching common interventions and procedures
- Questions to ask, to assist in making informed decisions
- Birth partner as advocate
- ‘Guess date’ – a normal range of pregnancy
- Inductions – things you’re not always told
- Achieving a natural start to labour
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Preparing the body – staying active
- Optimising baby’s position
- Breech or Posterior – options & positions
- Instant relaxation techniques
- Self-hypnosis, meditation and deep relaxation techniques & scripts
Unit 4: Birth – Bringing it all together
- What to expect in the weeks and days leading up to birth
- Signs that labour is starting
- What to expect through labour (membranes releasing etc)
- When to call the midwife/go to the hospital
- Accidental home/car birth – what to do!
- Birth partner’s role
- Common procedures
- Using water during labour and birth
- Upright positioning, movement and birth positions
- Special circumstances (including caesarean birth)
- Fear release
- Cord clamping & placenta delivery
- Undisturbed bonding & breastfeeding time – skin to skin
- What to expect afterwards
- Self-hypnosis – Rehearsal for Birth
- A practice routine – preparation for birth!
Melissa, You are inspirational to all. Keep going forward with your teaching. It’s amazing and as a midwife, I love caring for the women and their support network who have taken your course. They are so informed and positive.
Ready for a natural approach to a calm and positive birth?